Thank you to everyone who attended our inaugural event, and our panellists!
For those who would like to request the film again related to Alzheimer's, please contact us.
The Au Contraire Community Cinema hosted our inaugural film screenings, featuring two award-winning and thought-provoking short films on Alzheimer's disease and other related disorders. It was followed by an open discussion, facilitated by Les Arts et la Ville about how to maintain a meaningful and intimate relationship with our loved ones in the context of Alzheimer's disease and other related disorders. Please check-in for updates on our next event. For information on the cultural mediation of this event, please visit Les Arts et La Ville .
Two award-winning short films were featured (15 min each):
- Memorable, written and directed by Bruno Collet
- Alzhaïmour, directed by Pierre Van de Kerckhove
Guest panellists for the discussion facilitated by Christian Sénéchal (Founder of Les Arts et la Ville):
- Karl Looper, Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Jewish General Hospital Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University
- Marie Christine Le Bourdais, Director of Programs & Services, Alzheimer's Society of Montreal
- Marilyn LaJeunesse, Educational Program Officer, Sharing the Museum, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Philip Silverberg, creator and founder of the Au Contraire Film Festival and Urban Pardes